Just some of the "Benefits of Drumming"!
- Drumming is for everyone:
- it is a universal language (non-verbal).
- group drumming requires no advanced physical abilities or specialized talents to participate.
- nearly every culture on earth has some form of drumming.
- Drumming reduces stress & boosts the immune system:
- reduces anxiety and tension.
- may help lower blood pressure.
- helps release negative feelings and emotional trauma.
- can increase alpha waves in the brain
(have calming effect and help with concentration and learning).
- can cause an increase in killer cells (white blood cells that destroy other diseased cells and viruses) and immune response activity.
- Drumming activates right & left sides of the brain:
- can lead to greater insight and creativity.
- Group drumming promotes a sense of joy & community:
- helps connect with self and others.
- emphasizes self-expression.
- good team building
(teaches groups to work together and listen to each other, for a common goal).
- produces a sense of spirituality and connectedness (mind, body and spirit).
- is fun and physical (releases endorphins in the human brain that cause feelings of happiness).
"Breathe, 2, 3, 4,..."
- Gordon Goes, Bang On A Drum